Chief Compliance Officer, PIMCO Investments
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO historically has been a preeminent leader across fixed income strategies, including registered 40 Act funds, and is rapidly expanding its c apabilities across a broad range of opportunistic and alternative strategies in the private fund space. Given the increase in distribution activities, PIMCO seeks a dynamic individual to serve as the Chief Compliance Officer for its limited purpose broker-dealer, PIMCO Investments LLC, and serve as a senior professional within the global compliance team of PIMCO's Legal and Compliance Department. The position is based in PIMCO's New York office.
The PI Chief Compliance Officer will be responsible for overseeing the compliance program for a FINRA member firm, which requires in depth knowledge of FINRA rules as they pertain to the placement and distribution of interests in registered 40 Act funds and private funds. Knowledge of anti-financial crime (AFC) compliance and best practices are a plus. The individual will supervise a team of compliance professionals in the New York and Newport Beach offices and will interact with senior management.
This position requires a professional with diplomatic and analytical skills who can flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, and professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee core compliance program functions including: implementation of written supervisory procedures, training, development and execution of a regulatory risk assessment, policy governance processes, design and implementation of annual testing and periodic monitoring reviews and anti-financial crimes compliance;
- Advise on marketing and distribution compliance programs
- Digest complex concepts into clear and sound advice for dissemination across the firm
- Evaluate business objectives, regulatory developments and propose customized compliance solutions within the firm's risk tolerance and regulatory requirements as they apply to registered 40 Act funds and private funds
- Lead a team of compliance professionals by optimizing the use of resources to achieve departmental or organizational objectives
- Assist with the coordination of global compliance projects by working with professionals from non-US offices;
- Continually build an understanding of PIMCO and, in particular, the institutional, intermediary and retail channels within account management
- Work with various teams and departments including Legal, Client Facing, and Product Strategies to identify and address regulatory risks
- Proactively respond to business and regulatory changes
- Have a strong sense of integrity, behaving consistently with expressed values and ethical principles of PIMCO
- Past experience working as a Chief Compliance Officer for a limited purpose broker-dealer
- An undergraduate degree is required, graduate degree or Juris Doctorate preferred
- Minimum of 7 or more years in a senior leadership role with regulatory compliance experience with a large and diverse investment management firm that manages registered 40 Act products and private funds
- Direct experience with limited purpose broker-dealer compliance, FINRA rules, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940
- Strong background in fixed income, alternatives, derivatives, commodities and equity strategies offered in a variety of investment products including (i.e. open-end mutual funds, closed-end funds, ETFs, separate accounts and private funds)
- and marketing compliance review coordination
- Management experience with direct supervision over a team is required
- Series 7, 24/ 63 are a prerequisite to assuming the role
- A series of progressive roles in compliance and a proven track record of success
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office