Job Description & Program Overview
Our Global Markets business offers sales and trading services, including research, to institutional clients across fixed-income, credit, currency, and commodity and equity businesses. Global Markets product coverage includes securities and derivative products in both the primary and secondary markets.
The Global Markets Securitized Products (GMSP) Banking group is responsible for originating, structuring and securitizing bonds backed by various types of collateral to provide liquidity and funding to a wide range of financial institutions, public companies and financial sponsors; providing secured asset-based financing; advising financial institutions on asset and platform acquisitions and dispositions; and opportunistic lending situations. As a summer analyst, you will have a unique opportunity to gain exposure to the following two product groups:
- ABS Banking & Finance Covers clients including corporations, finance companies, and institutional investors for asset-backed securities (ABS) origination and lending. ABS are structured with collateral spanning a wide range of consumer (auto loans and leases, credit cards, student loans, personal loans, solar) and commercial (equipment, vehicle fleets, aircraft, containers, intellectual property) financial products.
- Residential Mortgage Finance Banking coverage for our lending and securitization activity related to all residential mortgage related products such as agency and non-agency residential mortgage loans, mortgage servicing rights, servicer advance receivables and single-family rental properties
Your training and development are our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on-the-job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout. As a summer analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the team in all aspects of client (internal and external) coverage and deal execution including pitching new business, underwriting, due diligence, coordinating with the syndicate desk, sales, and trading, legal, accounting, finance, middle office, back office, and risk partners, rating agencies and investors throughout the deal preparation, marketing and closing processes
- Performing comprehensive, in-depth asset level market, company, comparable transaction, and industry research
- Working with and creating asset level collateral data, loan and bond cash flows and financial models
- Preparing client presentations, internal credit and risk memos, and marketing materials
- Providing surveillance of existing facilities and completing weekly and monthly management, credit, and risk reports
- Communicating and interacting with client team members and other Bank of America Merrill Lynch product areas
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a bachelor ' s degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between December 2024 and June 2025
- 3.2 minimum GPA preferred.
- Candidates must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, strategic and creative thinking, and strong written and oral communications skills.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage several projects at once.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
- Other desired characteristics include integrity, attention to detail, assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic and team focus.
- The job combines aspects of investment banking, structured finance, capital markets and client coverage.
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.