Senior Chromium Engineer
The BBKit team provides a feature-rich, performant and accessible UI toolkit that powers all applications on the Bloomberg Terminal. Unlike most "UI toolkit" teams out there, we don't just own the JS, CSS and HTML that makes up our widgets - we own the entire rendering stack!
We are responsible for large pieces of the Bloomberg Terminal itself (the "OS" for our apps) as well as the SDK that goes along with it. On the Terminal side, one of the things we own is a highly-customized, Electron-like Chromium rendering engine that actually paints our UI toolkits on the screen.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with hands-on Chromium embedding experience to help us build new features to support our business needs while aligning the highly-customized rendering stack with upstream Chrome and Electron. You'll be working deep in the guts of our rendering engine, helping us perform regular Chromium upgrades as well as define an upstreaming strategy for some of our industry-leading customizations. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Hands-on experience with Chromium embedding
- Passion for writing clean, testable code and building maintainable software
- Experience with UI toolkits (web, mobile or desktop)
- Sharp eye for detail and a keen ability to find issues with UIs
- Familiarity with TypeScript
- Familiarity with networking concepts and standards
- Knowledge of operating system concepts and APIs
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.