2023 Investment Management Summer Analyst Program - Hedge Fund Solutions (West Conshohocken)
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) is one of the largest global asset management organizations of any full-service securities firm, with more than 40 years of history, a presence in 23 countries, and a total of $1.5 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2021. MSIM strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
The Investment Management Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program consisting of one week of training and nine weeks working within a specific IM team. Across all IM teams, the curriculum is designed to equip Summer Analysts with the fundamental skills they need to be successful in IM. During the 10-week program, Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by performing a role similar to a Full-Time Analyst.
IM's Hedge Fund Solutions Group offers the opportunity to learn how to construct and manage portfolios of hedge funds and portable alpha solutions on behalf of institutional and high-net-worth clients through various pooled vehicles and segregated accounts. Opportunities with this team are based in West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania. Roles and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Support hedge fund managers globally
- Collaborate with other functional areas in coordinating the various operational aspects of hedge fund investing
- Review and analyze managers' monthly performance, commentaries, and risk reports
- Help maintain comprehensive manager universes to facilitate peer group analysis and strategy research
- Participate in strategy and manager reviews and in preparation of associated presentations for the Investment Committee
Application Process and Deadline
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree and will graduate between December 2023 and June 2024
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player with ability to collaborate with colleagues across Hedge Fund Solutions and the broader organization
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Driven, highly motivated and results-focused
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Detail oriented and have the ability to work efficiently within tight time constraints
- Enthusiasm for financial markets, macroeconomics and alternatives investing
In order to be considered, candidates must apply by July 31, 2022 at 11:55 PM EST.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.