2023 Investment Management Summer Analyst Program - Private Equity Solutions (West Conshohocken)
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) is one of the largest global asset management organizations of any full-service securities firm, with more than 40 years of history, a presence in 23 countries, and a total of $1.5 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2021. MSIM strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
The Investment Management Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program consisting of one week of training and nine weeks working within a specific IM team. Across all IM teams, the curriculum is designed to equip Summer Analysts with the fundamental skills they need to be successful in IM. During the 10-week program, Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by performing a role similar to a Full-Time Analyst.
The Alternative Investment Partners Private Markets (AIP) team within Morgan Stanley Investment Management and has invested nearly $20bn in opportunities in a variety of private markets investment strategies including primary fund investing, coinvesting, and secondary market investing. This team is staffed with over 50 professionals and has offices in suburban Philadelphia, New York, London and Hong Kong. IM's Private Equity Solutions team offers the opportunity to learn from the leading alternative asset manager who invests across a broad range of geographies, industries, and strategies. Opportunities with this team are based in West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania. Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Work on live deals with the investment team, and gain exposure to senior-level professionals
- Conduct market and financial due diligence on various private equity opportunities
- Handle investment analysis, research, investment process management, transaction structuring, and deal execution
- Perform financial analyses in support of the investment process (comparable company valuation analyses, LBO model construction, and projected return sensitivity analyses)
- Research a wide range of geographies, industries, companies, and macroeconomic trends
Application Process and Deadline
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree and will graduate between December 2023 and June 2024
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills; proficiency of financial modeling, preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player with ability to collaborate with colleagues across Alternate Investment Partners (AIP), Private Equity Solutions, and the broader organization
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Driven, highly motivated and results-focused
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Detail oriented and have the ability to work efficiently within tight time constraints
In order to be considered, candidates must apply by July 31, 2022 at 11:55 PM EST.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.