Entry-level Software Engineer Position Overview
With enterprise modernization at the core of what we offer, Cognizant's Application Development & Management (ADM) practice is quintessential to our clients' ability to emerge stronger with high business agility in an increasingly digital world. Aided by domain experiences, investment in talent, and unique integrated platforms and solutions, we help our clients to envision, build, modernize and run more innovative and efficient businesses.
By joining Cognizant as an entry-level Software Engineer, you will be analyzing, designing, programming, and testing software programs and applications across all industries. Kick-start your software engineering career in our new hire training program to learn the latest technical skills!
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Preferred majors include Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or Software Engineering \t
- Candidate should possess strong Java application development skills (e.g., Core Java/J2EE technologies & Spring framework) \t
- Demonstrated development experiences in C++/C#, .NET, VB/ASP development and database experience \t
- Understanding of software development methodologies \t
- Self-motivated individuals with strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills with the passion and appetite to learn newer technologies \t
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills; actively participates in team meetings discussions and be a specialist in Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns \t
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
- Develop, create, and modify general computer application software or specialized programs \t
- Interaction and coordination with offshore team members for various client specific tasks and enhancements \t
- Maintain systems by monitoring, identifying, and correcting software defects \t
- Java/Java EE/Spring microservice API development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing \t
- Design, develop and deliver high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems \t
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code \t
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications \t
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and communicating these for architectural review
New hires will be deployed to Cognizant office(s)?in Dallas-TX or Phoenix-AZ where you will work alongside other experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions. Applicants must be willing to relocate to one of these?major?geographic areas. While we will attempt to honor candidate location preferences, business need and position availability will determine final location assignment.
New hires will start in two cohorts; June or August 2023. While we will attempt to honor candidate start date?preferences, business need and position availability will determine final start date assignment?of June or August.?Exact start dates will be communicated with enough time for you to plan effectively.
Why Choose Us?
Cognizant delivers solutions that draw upon the full power and scale of our associates.??You will be supported by high-caliber?experts?and employ some of the most advanced and patented capabilities.?Our?associate's?diverse backgrounds offer?varied perspectives?and?fuel?new?ways of thinking.??We?encourage lively discussions?which inspire?better?results?for?our clients.
If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you.
Salary and Other Compensation:
The annual salary for this position is $73,000.00 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
This position is also eligible for Cognizant's discretionary annual incentive program, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant's applicable plans.
Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance \t
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off \t
- 401(k) plan and contributions \t
- Long-term/Short-term Disability \t
- Paid Parental Leave \t
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Due to the nature of this position, Cognizant cannot provide?sponsorship?for U.S. work authorization (including participation in a CPT/OPT program) for this role.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : May 24 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.