IBM z/OS Mainframes - Jr. Automation Technician (C12/AVP) Irving, TX
The Enterprise Automation team will provide Level 1 type support for all automation and monitoring user script issues and vendor product issues. Analyze and resolve all automation and monitoring issues and participate on Operational Excellence calls where required. Service all customer requests relating to configuration changes enhancements or new automation to eliminate manual intervention.
The Enterprise Automation team designs implements manages and globally maintains all Automation systemic functions on IBM z/OS Mainframes.
- Provide Level 1 and BAU type support for all automation related issues globally
- Participate on Operational Excellence related calls where required
- Service all related Automation type requests
- Create test and maintain automation scripts to eliminate manual intervention
- Provide vehicle for auto escalation and auto ticketing •proficient in the support and enhancement of both AFOPER/IRM and System Automation
- Provide reports and metrics for Sr. Management that highlight the value of automation tools
- Provide 24x7 on-call support as predefined rotation
- Facilitate Marketplace requests to completion within agreed upon Service agreements
- Engage with global customers to ensure consistency
- Ideal candidate should possess 3 +years of working knowledge and proficient in System Automation for z/OS
- A minimum of 3 years of working knowledge in IRM (Integrated Resource Manager) Automation software product for z/OS desired
- Strong working knowledge in IBM Omegaview software product for z/OS
- Strong working knowledge TSO and REXX
- Background in mainframe programming skills in REXX Clist
- Must have US work Authorization, this position is not sponsoring visas
- Position is located in Irving, TX, no relocation is provided for this role
- Recent grads with related technical knowledge will be considered
- Sound history of strong customer focus
- The ability to generate ideas and discussions
- Capability to absorb and understand technical information and impart knowledge to their colleagues.
- The ability to work through problems in a methodical approach whilst under pressure
- Self starting and pro-active approach to their work
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Technology Job Family:
Infrastructure Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting