Treasury and Trade Solution (TTS) Trade Head manages the Trade products and P&L for Middle East and Africa (MEA). In-depth understanding of how Trade contributes to achieving the objectives of the MEA TTS franchise and overall EMEA Trade business. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of TTS/Trade business and transaction services industry, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level.
Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in Trade. Determines approach to implementing the strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Build consensus and awareness about value proposition throughout the organization and key partners. Full management responsibility for the Trade MEA team, including management of people, budgeting and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions, performance management and budget approval. May be involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Responsibilities
- Leading the overall performance of the Trade product suite and monitoring performance drivers for the business, providing strategic direction and leadership
- Full responsibility for the Trade P&L (revenues, expenses, cost of credit, net income) and financial metrics, close alignment with the MEA franchise and EMEA Trade goals
- This position leads a team of trade specialists that are responsible for the ongoing performance and maintenance of a set of products, including client experience, risk and control. Manage embedded risks in the business - credit, operational, compliance.
- People management responsibilities for the MEA Trade team, including hiring, retaining, coaching, developing and evaluating Ensures the team members are trained, and ready to identify client needs, and proposes solutions in line with business objectives
- Shapes and implements business strategy and manage its execution via development of competitive analyses, market analyses, product development road maps, market plans, pricing strategies and product line extensions
- Partners closely with sales teams to identify client opportunities and with the client management organization to meet with prospective clients and to size new opportunities
- Gathers market intelligence and develops sophisticated market sizing studies to identify the attractiveness of particular markets segments and product offerings.
- Defines and analyzes sector trends, opportunities and issues Represents customer needs and provides strategic direction on product development features, functionality and overall competitiveness
- Ensures timely delivery of projects related to Trade product development and enhancement, including regulatory
- Creates business cases that will drive investment decisions Optimize key business management processes - product reviews, liaison with O&T, legal, risk, credit, relationship, other product groups with an aim to ensure necessary tools are in place to grow Citi's business
- Expand our product innovation capability to address the rapid use of technology to digitize client routes to consumer, and the rapid ecosystem development we see driven by the public sector particularly around logistics, ports and other strategic infrastructures that drive trade
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policies, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience, including 10+ years' managerial experience
- Demonstrated experience in Product Management and/or Product Development area
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a sense of urgency, outstanding strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills, and an ability to innovate and problem solve
- Significant experience in serving a range of clients, in understanding investment processes across asset classes and in dealing with the highest level of management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to influence and build consensus
- Outstanding people leadership skills
- Prior ownership and management of a P&L
- Strong credit skills and experience including broad knowledge of Citigroup credit processes
- Ability to operate in a complex matrix environment
• Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Product Management and Development ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Product Performance Management ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting